Are you looking for a way to become a virtual assistant without previous experience? No worries! The biggest truth is, you don’t need to be an experienced virtual assistant to begin this career. Many people start out at the basic level to build a career in moneymaking.
A virtual assistant is often referred to simply as “VA”. This refers to a business entrepreneur who offers online business support utilities and business consulting to clients in different industries all over the globe on a virtual basis. The virtual assistants provide business services from home or any remote location.
The services of virtual assistants can include everything from administrative tasks up to digital media down to teaching services.
The VA can handle multitasking jobs efficiently. The VA can manage social media accounts for bloggers located in different parts of the country. Or, the VA can manage back-office management for a travel coach based in Australia. These are just two examples.
Virtual assistants need to create a LinkedIn profile.
Twitter is a networking community that links professionals and students in a particular field.
LinkedIn is home to many professionals as well as specialists within each industry. You can get in touch with the professional experts to stay up to date.
You can educate yourself by learning and observing them.
The VA provides remote services through four divisions.
General Administrative Services
- Below are some administrative services that you as a Virtual Assistant can offer to your clients:
- Cold calling or cold calling prospects and clients to book sales appointments, or solicit a donation. The market research is required to focus the target audience.
- Follow up regularly with clients/customers via online and offline correspondence.
- Electronic Calendar Management lets you record and mark events on an electronic schedule.
- File folder Management (manage files using Google Dri ve etc.
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Hotel bookings and Flight reservations
- Creating different reports on weekly/fortnight tasks, deliverables, sales, turnovers etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations for their online courses, webinars, conferences or meetings.
- Recruiting and monitoring other remote freelance employees like a web designer or video editor.
- Personal jobs include booking events and restaurants, buying surprise gifts, booking tables at dinner, paying bills, shifting houses, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
This is a way to market product or service using digital technology. The digital technology mode is promoted in internet which includes mobile phones, and other digital sources.
Digital marketing strategies such as Search Engine Marketing or Search Engine Optimisation are spreading all over the globe. These options call for VA services.
There are many areas that can be improved in every digital marketing strategy. It is therefore important to measure each strategy.
According to Digital marketing, Metrics matters everything and analytics are king.
Here are some examples.
- Social Media Marketing Social Media Marketing is the use of social media forums like facebook, twitter and Instagram to market products or services. The online marketers promote product, create brand awareness among the consumers across the world.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization The practice of SEO or ecommerce organizations to increase visitor count, traffic and populate websites with optimization methods is called Search Engine Optimization. Optimization techniques can be used online or offline.
- Social Media Optimization – This is the process of increasing brand awareness, popularity and sales across social media platforms.
- Facebook Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up a facebook page and keeping a constant follow-up. Advertisements are created by marketers to gain popularity.
- Tweet Marketing – Online marketers build brand awareness by creating a Twitter account and keeping a constant follow up. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- Instagram Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up an Instagram account and following up with them on a regular basis. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- YouTube Advertising – YouTube marketing allows you to post videos and make virality with millions of people. You will need to create a channel, post videos about various subjects, such as fashion, child psychology, hair styling, and child care tips.
- Pinterest Market – Pinterest marketing uses Pinterest as a platform to increase product and business awareness. Pinterest is used by the webmaster to increase traffic to his website and draw attention from the public.
- email marketing – email marketing is sending messages or commercial content to clients via email. Email marketing is used for promoting sales, pitching sales, and to send marketing collaterals directly to targeted individuals.
- Branding – Branding actions can be taken by an organization to distinguish them from other emerging competitors. You can strengthen your position on the market by using branding strategies. The marketers are responsible for the branding. They want to establish brand loyalty.
- Paid advertisements – Online marketers use paid ads to drive consumers to their sites and other search engines.
- Content Marketing – Marketing stuff is transmitted through content on online websites and social networks.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples:
- Graphic design
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Create infographics
- Logo design
- Designing branding materials to launch a new product or service.
- Video editing
Online teaching services
You can divide the teaching services into two broad categories:
1. LIVE mode offers teaching services
Here are a few examples:
Tutoring school children online
Tutoring English or other language speaking online to students/ working professionals/ homemakers.
2. Teaching services through video tutorials “How to”
Very few examples.
- How to make an online course that is successful
- How to create graphics by Canva / Picmonkey/Gimp tools
- How to make Google Drive/ Drop Box/ One Drive work for you and how to store unlimited data
- How to make instructional movies
- How to bake ice cream cakes, pancakes, icecream cakes, sugar free cupcakes/whole wheat bread/cookies and more
- How to do party hair or makeup in 15 minutes
- How to create fillable PDF workbooks or worksheets
- How to take professional pictures on Instagram / Facebook
- How to become an Amazon/EBay branded affiliate vendor
- How to automate Pinterest advertising
- How to draw faces for comics books
- There are many online resources that can help you to learn about work from home opportunities. These jobs and opportunities can be tailored to your skills and interests.
Which soft-skills are most compatible with remote work?
These are a the mandate skills you need to work or employee long-term with profitable remote clients:
- Be Profession – You need to be more professional when interacting with clients.
- Always be proactive Clients expect that you can quickly and accurately analyse and understand their tasks. You should also take initiative to clarify any doubts immediately without waiting for them.
- Problem-solving skills It is expected that you can anticipate a problem and provide a solution to it before it becomes a major crisis.
- Effective – With experience, your work efficiency and continued efforts to grow your business will go a long way.
- Persistence There may be a tight deadline, a challenging situation or an assignment that requires you to dedicate extra time, effort, and energy to complete the task. Your persistence and willingness to work hard in spite of all odds will make you trustworthy and reliable.
- Excellent communication – Clients need you to communicate with them regularly and keep them updated with an open heart. It is not professional to make clients ask for or remind you about work updates.
- Task Organization Skills – You will be able to successfully manage multiple tasks and valuable client projects with your ability to plan ahead, follow schedules and keep your focus.
Which tools does the VA need?
Below are some tools and techniques you will need to be able to excel in order for you to take on client work.
- Google Docs – to create, edit and share documents
- Dropbox File sharing tool
- WordPress– For creating and managing websites
- Email Marketing Tool – MailChimp and GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
There are many companies who ties contract with virtual assistants. These companies are also called agencies. They act as intermediaries to find a job in the virtual assistant sector.
Follow the websites such as Indeed, Upwork, Time to find out the virtual assistant jobs.
Make sure your queries or searches are relevant to the field. Next, fill in the where and how sections.
Virtual assistant holds job profile with multi-tasking potential because the job profile covers miscellaneous skills.
As virtual assistants, they are responsible for providing technical and customer support to law, finance, and start-up companies. Virtual assistants can start their own business or work remotely for clients around the globe.
You must upgrade yourself according your job profile.
The highest salary drawing virtual assistant need to devote their work for full-time and provide executive level support to clients and provide services such as web-designing, developer.